Inbound – destination management (DMC)
Millennium is a destination management company (DMC) based in South Africa, serving the southern African region, including Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zambia and Mauritius.
The tradition, history, infrastructure and sheer beauty of South Africa makes this country ideal for corporate and incentive conferencing. The magic and ruggedness of the African countryside is complemented by luxurious hotels and venues capable of accommodating small or large groups.
Millennium has extensive knowledge of South Africa as well as our neighbouring southern countries Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Zambia. With years of experience in southern Africa, Millennium can provide an ‘on the ground’ service for all your conference, congress and incentive needs in the region.
Millennium’s destination management services include:
Logistics and management
- Full programme logistics.
- Management of, and liaison with suppliers, local authorities and vendors.
- Management and reconciliation of budgets and accounting.
Travel and transport
- International and local travel arrangements.
- Travel insurance.
- Transportation to and within destination countries.
- Airport meet-and-greet.
- Airport transfers.
- Car rentals.
Itineraries and excursions
- Travel itineraries.
- Special interest tours (cultural, sporting, culinary, wine-tasting, etc).
- Special activities (from shark-cage diving, to golfing, or cooking classes).
Properties and venues
- Sourcing of properties (hotels, restaurants, game lodges, national parks, etc).
- Conference venues, event venues.
Catering for every need
- Liaison with inhouse hotel, or external catering services.
- Gala dinners, special events, outdoor dinners, themed events.
- Restaurant selection and management.
- Entertainment, MCs, hosts and motivational speakers.
Registration and communication
- Online invitation and registration.
- Pre and post-registration communication.
- Teaser campaigns.
- Post event online survey.
If you are considering planning a conference, incentive or an event in southern Africa and would like information, please contact us. Millennium would be happy to host and represent you and your company in our beautiful country.
XL Millennium has been in the travel, conference and event management business for 26 years. Between the three directors - Linda Benwell (Managing Director), Nicki Nielsen (Sales Director) and Grace Ruivo (Finance Director) - they have more than 120 years of experience under their belts! More...
Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE)
XL Millennium Travel is fully BEE complaint with A level 4 Contributor to B-BBEE. Equity in XL Millennium Travel is held by SAARP management, BEE partners, Millennium Travel staff and an additional partner.
Some of our 2015/2016 events
3-day EXHIBITION & COMPETITION for World Skills South Africa.
3 days, 8000+ visitors.
INCENTIVE TRIP for large insurance company. 40 delegates travelling to Mozambique.
CONFERENCE for international school association. 4 days, 500 delegates. Cape Town.
CONGRESS for medical association. 3 days, 250 delegates. Stellenbosch.
SALES CONFERENCE for large food brand. 50 delegates. Cape Town.
DESTINATION MANAGEMENT - 5 VIPs from an academic association travelling to Senegal.
DESTINATION MANAGEMENT for an international school rugby team travelling to South Africa. 24 delegates.
CONGRESS for an international public relations association. Johannesburg.
WORLD CONGRESS for large government department. 400 delegates. Cape Town.
TRAVEL WORKSHOP for a Cape Town university. 120 delegates. Cape Town.
CONFERENCE for a pharmaceutical assocation. 300 delegates. Johannesburg.
CONFERENCE for an international women's organisation. 400 delegates. Cape Town.